The Democratic Jean - Umeda Selvage
If you’re anything like us, nothing gets as much wear and tear as that favorite set of jeans. They look great with anything and are as trusty (and versatile) as a swiss army knife. So it pays to pick up a solid set with the care in craftsmanship to last you a decade or more. Meet the Democratic Jean in Umeda Selvage. Made in the USA using Japanese selvage and customary TS attention to detail, they’re designed for the devout denim head in all of us, and built to tackle the turmoil of everyday life, For The Long Haul.
We pulled out all the stops on this one. The heavyweight 15-oz Japanese denim is woven on slow weaving antique shuttle looms by one of the oldest mills in Japan, Yoshiwa Orimono, yielding a slubby, low tension weave for a ton of character and truly dimensional fades. Since we leaned on good ol’ American craftsmanship and indestructible YKK hardware, you’ll have plenty of years to make' em’ your own. Signature TS touches like a branded leather patch and SF map print pocketing finish out the package. We’re calling them “Umeda Selvage” to honor their Japanese denim roots…and because “the best jeans ever” seemed a little on the nose.
- We recommend sizing up for a more comfortable fit.
- 15-oz. 100% cotton.
- Selvedge Japanese denim.
- Woven on slow weaving antique shuttle looms by one of the oldest mills in Japan, Yoshiwa Orimono.
- Low tension weave with slub yarns gives this denim amazing character that ages beautifully with wear.
- 5-oz. 100% cotton vintage SF map pocketing.
- A tailored yet Democratic fit.
- Medium rise with shape to keep the back waistband against your skin and some extra space to accommodate the boys.
- Button fly.
- Leather patch on backside of waistband.
- YKK copper shanks and rivets.
- 34" inseam.
- Wash cold and tumble dry low.
- Made in USA.
- Model is 6'2", wearing a size 30.